Need a 15 inch sub for a custom, sealed, SQ-oriented box; 750 watts

-Looking for: a single 15 inch

-Budget: Non specific but cheaper is better, basically I want the best sub to pair with my amp

-Power to be used:Kicker zx.750.1 (pushes 750 watts rms at 2ohm)

-Space available: doesn't matter, I'm going to have a custom sealed box made for whatever size is optimal. I don't mind going big.

-Goals:Sound quality and low, deep, bass

-Listening habits: Rap, Tech-House

-No brand preference

Alright so I went out and did some legwork, I can get a Rockford Fosgate T1 for 500 or a kicker Q-class for 400 dollars. These are both about 100 dollars less than MSRP. Which of the two is a better buy, also are there any subs you guys would recommend that are better for the buck. Whether that be more or less expensive

Alright so I went out and did some legwork, I can get a Rockford Fosgate T1 for 500 or a kicker Q-class for 400 dollars. These are both about 100 dollars less than MSRP. Which of the two is a better buy, also are there any subs you guys would recommend that are better for the buck. Whether that be more or less expensive
horrible choices absolutely poor!!! T1 15s go for 150 on my local craigslist btw good condition as well.. Stay away from rockford and kicker if you are looking to buy new horribly overpriced for the quality you get.

in that price range you can get a real beast like this

ZCON 15 Sound Solutions Audio 15" 2250W ZCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

I'd go with this sub if you are going with a sealed box. http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/lethal-injection-15-incriminator-audio-15-1000w-lethal-injection-series.html

What makes the fosgate and kicker such a bad deal and the ZCon such a good deal
Weak motor, weak coil, and a whole lot of useless baskets to attract the typical noob. its basically overmarketed and overhyped to the noobs. Anyone thats been in the game long enough knows rockford and kicker hasnt done much in the way of innovation along with outsourcing and cheaping out on their build quality while spending more on advertisement than their actual products.

The zcon is roughly twice the weight of a T1 15 to give you a clue. Its several leagues above the T1 in subwoofer class. Easily rivaling the T3 series from rockford. However look into the lethal injections in my other post, its better for the amount of power you are running.

Thank you for the knowledge, see i dont want to fall into the same trap that most buyers too, imma look into these suggestions. Problem is I can go up to my local Car audio stores and they actually have kickers and fosgates and offer me deals with making a box to go with them

Alright so how do the Lethal Injection 15 Incriminator Audio 15 and the SSA GCON 15 compare in terms of SQ, SPL etc. The GCON is also 40 dollars less
Lethal injection might work better in a sealed box. The Gcon will shine in a custom ported. If you have room id suggest getting a proper sound quality tuned ported. Youll enjoy it a lot more than sealed. Do not buy those premade boxes shops and online retailers sell. Yes that includes the factory boxes as well, those are horrible for sound quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.