Next Step?

HinkDawg

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ohio
So I just upgraded my alternator to 270amps with a big 3 upgrade as well. I have a pair of 12” SSA Icons. My box from GP is on the way to put them in. I have a sundown 1500d amp to run them. Now I’m asking for what direction I should go next. Get a 4 channel amp for my door speakers or get a battery for the trunk? Yesterday I put some sound deadening in my trunk and I’ve noticed a difference. I want to do my whole car but I figured I’d buy a battery or amp first. Any recommendations?

Another battery would be ideal, but not all that necessary at the moment with the alt you have for a 1500 watt amp. With the vehicle running you should be just fine. I would add another BATT.(agm) CLOSE TO THE AMPLIFIERS AS POSSIBLE.APPROX. 18" if you can if adding another amplifier of 100x4 or more for the system to keep up with the demand. Nice subs you have chosen.

Ok XS Power it is. I'm looking to get the D5100. I want clean power. Once you get the clean power everything sounds better. Might even upgrade the original car battery as well!! I will be adding another amp for the door speakers. Right now I'm running them off the head unit and I think it sounds good but I want a amp to push them to make it sound even better.

Unless you are planning on playing the stereo with the engine off. With the equipment that you have, you would probably be better served with an ultra capacitor over a second battery.

Ok XS Power it is. I'm looking to get the D5100. I want clean power. Once you get the clean power everything sounds better. Might even upgrade the original car battery as well!! I will be adding another amp for the door speakers. Right now I'm running them off the head unit and I think it sounds good but I want a amp to push them to make it sound even better.
I would recommend taking a look at Orileys Super Start AGM or the Duralast Gold AGM from Autozone, to place under the hood that both come with pretty decent warranties, and several locations for the warranty, that Ive had good experiences with. Get the largest you can to fit under the hood. Dual post are very nice to have and easy for additions. I recommend placing an amplifier on every speaker rather than HU power alone, even if its 20 rms alone. Most HUs if you are lucky you will get a grand total of 10 watts rms clean. I like running an External Indash EQ to clean up any music on the fly at your finger tips as well rather than going into the HU to adjust all the time

Last edited:
What door speakers do you have? Any door treatment done yet?

Just be careful with those speakers on HU power cranking on them... Constant Distortion will kill a speaker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...