Next Step?

I have a pair of Alpine R-S69.2 for the front doors and a pair of Alpine S-S65C for the rears
This would be a very nice 4 ch amp, that I myself run and have had no issues with it at all. Great amp for the coin/$

I dont know much about capacitors. Are they good and whats the purpose of them?
You do not need a cap, especially running an extra battery. Those are really a waste of money from my experiences. the only one that really helped me in the past was an Alumpro THE CAP in one my Honda cars back in the day. A battery bank is all you need to keep up with the demand, and power to serve them to keep them charged properly as well as proper sized wiring

This would be a very nice 4 ch amp, that I myself run and have had no issues with it at all. Great amp for the coin/$
So i was looking at that amp and it seems like it would be too powerful for my rear doors since the RMS rating is only 80 watts. That amp pushes 150 watts. I wouldnt want to blow the speakers if i fed it too many watts.

80x4 model but is class ab. You can keep the gain down and have headroom too on the other one

Last edited:
D is more efficient than ab...some say ab is better for sq (I can't really tell the difference between good class d and ab amps sound wise)...I don't think either class is "better" as long as the amp isn't noisy...

What is going on in here? 1500w is a little over 100 amps. You DO NOT need a second battery. Unless you need a bank so you can run your stereo with the vehicle off, one battery can handle that demand just fine, and your alternator is larger than you need. OP is not running 5K watts, they have a 1500w amp.

OP so you have two subs that area 1250w RMS each, and one amp to push 1500w to both? You need another sub amp. You could get a matching sundown amp, but I wouldn't. Don't you need a new sub amp that will push around 2500w or a little more?

Optimas are not junk, and they carry a 7yr warranty which is longer than anything else on the market.

ONE AGM would be fine pushing a 2500w amp but we're getting close. You didn't say what vehicle it was in, or what else is going on with the other amp. For a larger sub amp, and another component amp, your 270 amp alt is perfect for.

I am going to get a stronger amp to push them both but it’s what I have for now. Why not pair the 1500d with another one? My buddy has one he might want to get rid of then it would be plenty of watts for the icons. I’m running all of this in an Impreza.

If you can get one at a good deal, then great. If you can't its usually worth it to just spend a little more to get something that will do both. Then you have the first one to sell or hold on to and make up some of it.

Are your SSA ICONs dual 4 ohm, (which is how they would have needed to be to play on one 1500d), OR dual 2 ohm, and each is wired down to 1 ohm, how you would need it to run two 1500d amps?

They aren't linkable are they?

FYI, You can blow subs with too little power. If you plan on running that amp until you get by. You can mount em both in the box, but that amp is rated at
1 ohm 1500w RMS
2 ohm 1200w RMS
The sub is rated 1250w RMS
Just wire that amp to one sub until you get the right amp(s) for both. Whether those are dual 4 ohms wired to 2ohm, or dual 2 ohms, wired to 1 ohm, 1500w and 1200w RMS will be right for one sub, and you won't risk damaging it.

Last edited:
If you can get one at a good deal, then great. If you can't its usually worth it to just spend a little more to get something that will do both. Then you have the first one to sell or hold on to and make up some of it.

Are your SSA ICONs dual 4 ohm, (which is how they would have needed to be to play on one 1500d), OR dual 2 ohm, and each is wired down to 1 ohm, how you would need it to run two 1500d amps?

They aren't linkable are they?

FYI, You can blow subs with too little power. If you plan on running that amp until you get by. You can mount em both in the box, but that amp is rated at
1 ohm 1500w RMS
2 ohm 1200w RMS
The sub is rated 1250w RMS
Just wire that amp to one sub until you get the right amp(s) for both. Whether those are dual 4 ohms wired to 2ohm, or dual 2 ohms, wired to 1 ohm, 1500w and 1200w RMS will be right for one sub, and you won't risk damaging it.
they are 4 ohm. i want to wire them down 1 ohm if possible. Yes the 1500d is linkable. So either i get another one or buy a bigger amp. Havent decided yet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...