One more, Amp Recommendation Request hehe =)

TwistedSkillz

New York
Hello community. I have put together a nice little setup for my son. We are now wanting to see what you guys like, and/or recommend for him. He has from front 6x9 comp set and a rear 6.5 comp set.

I dont remember off hand what speakers he bought. But I know he said he would need 400-600 watts RMS.

I was thinking a 4 channel amp? I think Im correct, correct me If I am wrong so i can learn what I am doing incorrect. And that way for future refrence I know what do.

Budget $500

it would help a bunch if we knew the make and model of the speakers, does he have a head unit yet ect. so we can point you in the right direction, also are they components[with crossover] or coaxials[without crossover]

it would help a bunch if we knew the make and model of the speakers, does he have a head unit yet ect. so we can point you in the right direction, also are they components[with crossover] or coaxials[without crossover]
Ok I just spoke with him. He said He got CDT Audio HD series Comp Sets Front 6x9 and Rear 6x7.

Deck He has Is a Pioneer 4100NEX that I purchased for him.

My issue is I dont know much about the CDT crossovers and what they can do.

As for the car I believe it is a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Ok I just spoke with him. He said He got CDT Audio HD series Comp Sets Front 6x9 and Rear 6x7.
Deck He has Is a Pioneer 4100NEX that I purchased for him.

My issue is I dont know much about the CDT crossovers and what they can do.

As for the car I believe it is a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The '08 Grand Cherokee has limited depth for speaker upgrades. While CDT has shallow 6x9s that should fit with spacers, you should post exactly which model of 6x9 components he bought. The speakers don't "need" 400W-600W to sound great, but 100W x 4 is very common and easy to find. The budget of $500 opens up many fine choices.

I have been recommending Class D amplifiers for years, especially because they tend to be quite small. My favorites have been Clarion's XC6 series, which currently is only sold in a 6-channel model in the US, the Cerwin Vega Vega series, and on a budget Precision Power Phantom has been great. Arc Audio XDi v2 is similar to Clarion XC6 and you should have an Arc dealer near you. JL Audio XD would work well, and again there should be a dealer near you.

The '08 Grand Cherokee has limited depth for speaker upgrades. While CDT has shallow 6x9s that should fit with spacers, you should post exactly which model of 6x9 components he bought. The speakers don't "need" 400W-600W to sound great, but 100W x 4 is very common and easy to find. The budget of $500 opens up many fine choices.
I have been recommending Class D amplifiers for years, especially because they tend to be quite small. My favorites have been Clarion's XC6 series, which currently is only sold in a 6-channel model in the US, the Cerwin Vega Vega series, and on a budget Precision Power Phantom has been great. Arc Audio XDi v2 is similar to Clarion XC6 and you should have an Arc dealer near you. JL Audio XD would work well, and again there should be a dealer near you.
Hello and thank you for the reply. We already have the speakers. They are the CDT audio Comp sets front and rear..... What I need to know is does he need a 2 channel or 4 channel amp to control each speaker from the deck and amp, All the wiring has been redone all ran to the amp.

So I also need to know what is a really good amp. The ones you posted Clarion, CV, precision to me are old and not with the new tech. Arc seem good , As they are on the higher end. And that is what I am looking for HIgh end quality THanks

Hello and thank you for the reply. We already have the speakers. They are the CDT audio Comp sets front and rear..... What I need to know is does he need a 2 channel or 4 channel amp to control each speaker from the deck and amp, All the wiring has been redone all ran to the amp.
What I was trying to advise you of is CDT has 6x9 woofers that are too deep to fit the Grand Cherokee doors. If the speakers are already correctly installed then there is no problem. Two sets of speakers need a 4 channel amplifier.

So I also need to know what is a really good amp. The ones you posted Clarion, CV, precision to me are old and not with the new tech. Arc seem good , As they are on the higher end. And that is what I am looking for HIgh end quality THanks
Cerwin Vega V600.4 is a current amplifier design. It's from a line that was totally new for 2014. While I don't understand how age would be an issue, it's a newer design than the others I mentioned.

What I was trying to advise you of is CDT has 6x9 woofers that are too deep to fit the Grand Cherokee doors. If the speakers are already correctly installed then there is no problem. Two sets of speakers need a 4 channel amplifier.

Cerwin Vega V600.4 is a current amplifier design. It's from a line that was totally new for 2014. While I don't understand how age would be an issue, it's a newer design than the others I mentioned.
there is nothing to advise my guy. I know Car audio I simply came here asking about Amps and what Company people recommend. You given me store brand Names. LOL I dont buy electronics in stores locally why because it is junk. The door speakers fit, why because We know how to fabricate and make **** work. Once done I will post photos of everything.

So wuith that said what does everyone recommend for a HIGH Class Amp. Not no cheap POS Clarion or Alpine. or RF

and for got to write down " Age Plays a Big Roll in the Electronic Game "

there is nothing to advise my guy. I know Car audio I simply came here asking about Amps and what Company people recommend. You given me store brand Names. LOL I dont buy electronics in stores locally why because it is junk. The door speakers fit, why because We know how to fabricate and make **** work. Once done I will post photos of everything.
So wuith that said what does everyone recommend for a HIGH Class Amp. Not no cheap POS Clarion or Alpine. or RF
Do you know what impedance (ohms) your speakers are? You can get more power with 2 ohms. I would start by looking at the SSA website. They have a bunch of underground stuff that many of us approve. Amps - SSA STORE

Brands I would look into is Incriminator Audio, Zed Audio, Twisted Soundz, Zapco, Ampere Audio.. for high class amps.

Do you know what impedance (ohms) your speakers are? You can get more power with 2 ohms. I would start by looking at the SSA website. They have a bunch of underground stuff that many of us approve. Amps - SSA STORE
Brands I would look into is Incriminator Audio, Zed Audio, Twisted Soundz, Zapco, Ampere Audio.. for high class amps.
Thank you, I believe He purchased the CDT Audio HD-62 and the HD 690COM If that helps out a little hehe.

We just need a very good powerful amp. because right now the stink amp he has *****. and the original stock Radio sounded better. These speakers are like popping and not hitting the lows at all.

And we have deadened all 4 doors, ran all new 12-14Ga speaker wire. And all new RCA wires.

Just not sure where to start with the CDT Crossovers and all that. Because I haver never used CDT

Thank you, I believe He purchased the CDT Audio HD-62 and the HD 690COM If that helps out a little hehe.
We just need a very good powerful amp. because right now the stink amp he has *****. and the original stock Radio sounded better. These speakers are like popping and not hitting the lows at all.

And we have deadened all 4 doors, ran all new 12-14Ga speaker wire. And all new RCA wires.

Just not sure where to start with the CDT Crossovers and all that. Because I haver never used CDT
If you want lows, you need to add a sub. The speakers can only hit so low until they lose output. The crossovers will help separate the frequencies for you so it will sound much clearer than your stocks. What don't you understand about the CDT crossovers? Once you add an amp to your CDT speakers, they will come alive and be plenty loud. You have a good start though. It appears your CDT speakers are both 4 ohms. So you need to find power at 4 ohms. This Ampere Audio 150.4 would fit the bill. SSA Store - Ampere Audio AA-125.4 4-channel amplifier It does 150w x 4 @ 4 ohms, size is pretty compact, and the price is within your budget.

If you want lows, you need to add a sub. The speakers can only hit so low until they lose output. The crossovers will help separate the frequencies for you so it will sound clearer. What don't you understand about the CDT crossovers? Once you add an amp to your CDT speakers, they will come alive and be plenty loud. You have a good start though. It appears your CDT speakers are both 4 ohms. So you need to find power at 4 ohms. This Ampere Audio 150.4 would fit the bill. SSA Store - Ampere Audio AA-125.4 4-channel amplifier It does 150w x 4 @ 4 ohms, size is pretty compact, and the price is within your budget.
I dont need a Sub to Hit Lows. These Speakers that were originally in the truck were the Boston Acustic System. with a 320Watt amp and it sounds great. and he needs his trunk space so that is why we went with this style of components. And These speakers how setup with the amp he has now, sounds like crap. The stock system beats it. That is why I came here to see what everyone thinks, and could help point us in the direction to a quality amp.

On the crossover there are a few switches. You can change things around. I also heard about a Bi Amping Crossover, so that you can Run Highs and Lows off it to get both frequncies?

Are these CDT Speakers any good? Are they High end? Or should have we gone with something else? We didnt want to go cheap. We wanted to spend the money once and was lead to these speakers.

IF you feel there are Far better speaker sets out. Please post them so I can have a look. Also If I need to spend more money on an amp, to get better SQ please let me know also, I will consider sopending the money for him.

You have to find a place to mount the crossovers. A lot of people usually put it inside the doors, but you can put them anywhere where you have space. You gotta install the amp first, then place the left and right speaker output from the first 2 channels of the amp into each of the crossovers of the front speaker sets. Then each crossover will have 2 tweeter outputs, and 2 mids outputs. Then you do the same with the other 2 channels for the back speakers. Alot of tedious wiring involved.

I dont need a Sub to Hit Lows. These Speakers that were originally in the truck were the Boston Acustic System. with a 320Watt amp and it sounds great. and he needs his trunk space so that is why we went with this style of components. And These speakers how setup with the amp he has now, sounds like crap. The stock system beats it. That is why I came here to see what everyone thinks, and could help point us in the direction to a quality amp.
On the crossover there are a few switches. You can change things around. I also heard about a Bi Amping Crossover, so that you can Run Highs and Lows off it to get both frequncies?

Are these CDT Speakers any good? Are they High end? Or should have we gone with something else? We didnt want to go cheap. We wanted to spend the money once and was lead to these speakers.

IF you feel there are Far better speaker sets out. Please post them so I can have a look. Also If I need to spend more money on an amp, to get better SQ please let me know also, I will consider sopending the money for him.
Hmm.. It could be a tuning problem or some really crappy equipment. Bi-amping would require 4 channels for ONE set of speakers. So you would need to buy two 4 channel amps. There's not much benefit except you have a little control of tweeter and mid separation. I would consider CDT speakers high end, yes. It's not about spending the most money. It's mostly about install. You can buy cheaper stuff with a better install and it would sound better than $1000 speakers in a crappy install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.