One more, Amp Recommendation Request hehe =)

I dont need a Sub to Hit Lows. These Speakers that were originally in the truck were the Boston Acustic System. with a 320Watt amp and it sounds great. and he needs his trunk space so that is why we went with this style of components. And These speakers how setup with the amp he has now, sounds like crap. The stock system beats it. That is why I came here to see what everyone thinks, and could help point us in the direction to a quality amp.
On the crossover there are a few switches. You can change things around. I also heard about a Bi Amping Crossover, so that you can Run Highs and Lows off it to get both frequncies?

Are these CDT Speakers any good? Are they High end? Or should have we gone with something else? We didnt want to go cheap. We wanted to spend the money once and was lead to these speakers.

IF you feel there are Far better speaker sets out. Please post them so I can have a look. Also If I need to spend more money on an amp, to get better SQ please let me know also, I will consider sopending the money for him.
I'd spend my money on any other high end speaker brand other than CDT, they are lackluster for the price you pay IMO. However this case sounds like some install issues going on. You might be running into phase issues, tuning issues and crossover trouble. Have you properly recreated the factory seal yet?

If you really want high end SQ sound, then you need to ditch the passive crossovers completely and go with active tuning. This would require buying a DSP(digital signal processor) and the tuning gets a lot more complicated and in-depth than a normal crossover that you're used to. I would not recommend this for most people though as it takes an extensive amount of time to tune and you will rip your hair out trying to figure it out. If you guys are ready to do it though, then some of us can help you with that. DSP's are pretty expensive though and you're gonna need a channel for every speaker. So a 4 channel would only be sufficient for 2 tweeters and 2 mids. Since you already bought the CDT speakers, you might as well use them. You could go active for the front stage and go passive in the back for rear fill, which would require 6 channels in total. It is completely up to you.

Hmm.. It could be a tuning problem or some really crappy equipment. Bi-amping would require 4 channels for ONE set of speakers. So you would need to buy two 4 channel amps. There's not much benefit except you have a little control of tweeter and mid separation. I would consider CDT speakers high end, yes. It's not about spending the most money. It's mostly about install. You can buy cheaper stuff with a better install and it would sound better than $1000 speakers in a crappy install.
Gotcha, Well He is Sound Deadening the entire doors. here is a small shot of him in the process.

I think he is pretty smart with this Car Audio, I have tryed to teach him at a young age.

DO you find any other companies better than CDT?

Gotcha, Well He is Sound Deadening the entire doors. here is a small shot of him in the process.I think he is pretty smart with this Car Audio, I have tryed to teach him at a young age.

DO you find any other companies better than CDT?
Well I'm a big fan of my rainbow speakers that I have. They are getting cheaper now than what I originally paid for. I would also look into Hertz HSK165XL, or the Hertz Mille which is their holy grail. They are friggin expensive though. Usually high end speakers start at like 500 and up. Some of them are getting cheaper now though because they've been around. They only make them in 6.5" size though. You can make a 6x9 to 6.5 adapter though. Your son did a good job on the deadening btw. You should be proud.

The Cdt speakers are fine. I run them as well. Deafening is a key factor as well as sealing the speakers to the door panel. To get them to sound right. Also they are no where near 400-600 rms watts for them more like 100-160 rms per side. Depending on frequencies settings. I'd run a ampere audio 150.4 on them. I have the amp new for 10% off til xmas. It's a good match for the speakers. Also what deadener is he using ? That might be the problem Cheap deadener

Really though, check out the ampere amp, I believe it has multipliers and is well built. I have the ampere audio components and I love them. Loud and smooth... Just ordered an ampere sub too
Hit up @mylows10 . He knows their products pretty well.

Well I'm a big fan of my rainbow speakers that I have. They are getting cheaper now than what I originally paid for. I would also look into Hertz HSK165XL, or the Hertz Mille which is their holy grail. They are friggin expensive though. Usually high end speakers start at like 500 and up. Some of them are getting cheaper now though because they've been around. They only make them in 6.5" size though. You can make a 6x9 to 6.5 adapter though. Your son did a good job on the deadening btw. You should be proud.
Never heard of rainbow. It has been a while since I did car audio, as my son is into it now. SO I am trying to help him out. He is a Fabricator at work so he knows his way around tools metals and construction.

And thank you for the compliment will pass it to him

The Cdt speakers are fine. I run them as well. Deafening is a key factor as well as sealing the speakers to the door panel. To get them to sound right. Also they are no where near 400-600 rms watts for them more like 100-160 rms per side. Depending on frequencies settings. I'd run a ampere audio 150.4 on them. I have the amp new for 10% off til xmas. It's a good match for the speakers. Also what deadener is he using ? That might be the problem Cheap deadener
Deadener is buytl Rubber 100 Mill I believe or more. Not too sure. But I know it isnt cheap as he is one who lives life you get what you pay for.

We want a really really good amp. So we dont have to purchase again in another 5 or so years. What do you have?

How do you like the CDT line? From 1-5 would they even hit the Top 5 in the best speaker companies out there?

Deadener is buytl Rubber 100 Mill I believe or more. Not too sure. But I know it isnt cheap as he is one who lives life you get what you pay for.
We want a really really good amp. So we dont have to purchase again in another 5 or so years. What do you have?

How do you like the CDT line? From 1-5 would they even hit the Top 5 in the best speaker companies out there?
I've had my set for 5 years and love them but I'm also a dealer and see the owners a few times a year we've got 4 sets in our cars The ampere will be a great amp for you. Very stout amp to

I've had my set for 5 years and love them but I'm also a dealer and see the owners a few times a year we've got 4 sets in our cars The ampere will be a great amp for you. Very stout amp to
ALright and that is a 4 channel, so what do you recommend for a 4 channel RCA setup? I see alot of companies and local stores now run dual 2 channel rcas, which I am not a fan really of, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

As being a CDT dealer, do you feel that there are better Speakers out there? And the Speaker setups he got, are they the best CDT Has?

ALright and that is a 4 channel, so what do you recommend for a 4 channel RCA setup? I see alot of companies and local stores now run dual 2 channel rcas, which I am not a fan really of, unless someone can tell me otherwise.
As being a CDT dealer, do you feel that there are better Speakers out there? And the Speaker setups he got, are they the best CDT Has?
The sets he has are the mid level there are better. But not many for the price. The rcas. Stinger series 4000

The sets he has are the mid level there are better. But not many for the price. The rcas. Stinger series 4000
so if they are mid level what are classed at high level? price no matter.

As for the RCA those are no good, very cheaply made. The 8k series alot better, but Stinger would be the last company I look at.

look up we posted a photo of the start of deadening the door, he did the outside and inside of the door with the rubber, We were thinking of stuffing the door with some foam. But not too sure.

Will look at the amp now.

so if they are mid level what are classed at high level? price no matter.
As for the RCA those are no good, very cheaply made. The 8k series alot better, but Stinger would be the last company I look at.
I use them. No choice. They are ok. No issues. The 8000 no 4 channels. Hit up soundrive they are sweet

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

look up we posted a photo of the start of deadening the door, he did the outside and inside of the door with the rubber, We were thinking of stuffing the door with some foam. But not too sure.
Will look at the amp now.
The Es line are the best

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.