Re-wiring a car

Participant count
  • Participant list

MoZ
10+ year member

So My jeep has a stock amp and the amp is kinda dying. I talked to the local car audio shop and they said that they could bypass the amp and re-wire the car from the head-unit. So i was wondering if that would be better just re-wire the whole thing from the deck or buy another amp for a little more power?

Right now i have 4 6" DS Kicker speakers and a Sony head-unit.

If I do re-wire it, what kind of wire would be good?

Rewiring the speakers to be powered bu the HU would be cheaper, but would result in lower quality sound (most likely). Buying an aftermarket amp would be more expensive but would result in better sound (most likely). It depends how much money you want to spend.

You can use any wire, it's all the same. Just find some speaker wire on crutchfield or sonicelectronix or something.

Yeah, i wish it was nice but its a 96 and i figure the HU would give out more power than the stock infinity amp?

What amp would be good around $150 for 4 6" kicker DS speakers?

MRP-F300 Alpine. The unbreakable amp. If it is a 96, you can just bypass the amp under the rear seat. The radio has hi level output to the amp. It will work just fine.

MRP-F300 Alpine. The unbreakable amp. If it is a 96, you can just bypass the amp under the rear seat. The radio has hi level output to the amp. It will work just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.