replacing factory deck with ipad

Participant count
  • Participant list

snosrfr

hello,

i'm trying to find some good set up/build info to use my ipad pro as my Jeep's head unit (music/video, streaming, waze, camera feeds, hands-free etc).

i tried to search the general, and a couple of specific forums, but keep getting the same error and zero results...

i've found a couple somewhat informative uploads on youtube, but nothing covering a total head unit replacement. i have zero use for the uconnect headset in my 2013 Jeep JK, and am looking to pull it.

I need advice on what additional hardware is needed to use the ipad as my single interface unit. obviously i will need an amp, but i am not sure as to what controller type device i would need to connect to the speakers, amp, hands free controls etc???

Specifically, what equipment i need to purchase, and how to integrate HD bird view camera's and a security DVR system into it.

thanks in advance for the info!

-snosrfr

hello,
i'm trying to find some good set up/build info to use my ipad pro as my Jeep's head unit (music/video, streaming, waze, camera feeds, hands-free etc).

i tried to search the general, and a couple of specific forums, but keep getting the same error and zero results...

i've found a couple somewhat informative uploads on youtube, but nothing covering a total head unit replacement. i have zero use for the uconnect headset in my 2013 Jeep JK, and am looking to pull it.

I need advice on what additional hardware is needed to use the ipad as my single interface unit. obviously i will need an amp, but i am not sure as to what controller type device i would need to connect to the speakers, amp, hands free controls etc???

Specifically, what equipment i need to purchase, and how to integrate HD bird view camera's and a security DVR system into it.

thanks in advance for the info!

-snosrfr
Most contemporary HUs seem to have interfaces for most of this stuff I NEVER USE!! I know my Alpine CDE-153BT seems to, much to my chagrin! I just went a good basic CD player which will also play MP3 files! Like my old Alpine HU!

John Kuthe...

yeah, i've checked him out - funny guy, knows his stuff. but in addition to the dash kit to hold the ipad, i'm looking to understand what additional components i need to completely remove the factory POS unit???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.