Tahoe cpillar wall 4 SA 18s on 8k

Are they 3in? I thought it was the same motor bigger basket. I stand corrected. What pics do you want, all I still have is a vid from before it was wrapped with the DC still in it. Btw I love your box, explains everything why yall say tahoes can't get loud.

Are they 3in? I thought it was the same motor bigger basket. I stand corrected. What pics do you want, all I still have is a vid from before it was wrapped with the DC still in it. Btw I love your box, explains everything why yall say tahoes can't get loud.
The SA 18 has a totally different motor from 10,12,15

Bro ignore the haters. Is the score tops, nope. Is 153 loud, hell yea. We tend to take numbers as the end all be all. 153 is a big number regardless. Guys that put up 160+ are often very peaky. Do your thing and be proud of your ride as some of us look at more than numbers. Truth be told a lot of what has been said here is why car audio has declined, it has become a haters world.

Build for your taste. looks good to me

It's for linear throw. I know what it does and I know what it gives up to do it. I know you can get the same thing without giving up cone area with a EROM.
It also adds mass with it being thicker and bigger.. Jacob just didn't put that fat surround on for no reason haha it compliments the low end of the low distortion in the x and zv4. And for ppl like u he made the spl cone and surround. And I doesn't give up anything. The loss of like 7% cone area is made up by the 4" excursion.

If it says sundown it will sell. Every newb that got a SA after kicker comps thinks they are the best ever. Good stuff but not necassary. You can get just as much throw out of a EROM surround.
If it has Kicker on it it will sell. If it was DD it'll sell....lots of nuthuggers. So what.

(if it wasn't for ground Zero Engineering, these subs today wouldn't have bigger surrounds.)

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

It also adds mass with it being thicker and bigger.. Jacob just didn't put that fat surround on for no reason haha it compliments the low end of the low distortion in the x and zv4

More xmax, more spl: )

i mean i love talking shyte but im a firm believer NOW in the airspace rulesmall air space - eazy to loud - large air space much harder to loud. theese guys saying window line box doing 160s off 5k with 2 12s are out of their minds - or maby they just are getting in acurate readings from a meter because ive got six 18s in a 4th that can barely float a sheet of paper with a front window open.. if i scored less than a 150 id be shocked - but if i managed to score higher than a 155 id pee my pants with exitment.

why

because the internal air space needs to become preasurized and when there is such a large amount of internal space ( cabbin gain yeah right - maby for that range of 8 hz in the peak zone ) smaller airspace wins every time. viechle flex also KILLS spl. wasted sub energy in flex. my floor is now floping up and down so badly my center consol boxes are literly jumping up and down.
Small cabin is easier to get loud, but you struggle to get low. There's a trade off, as far as I understand.

Small cabin is easier to get loud, but you struggle to get low. There's a trade off, as far as I understand.
this was my old piece of crap would choke you out at full tilt - it was so brutal to sit in it wasnt even funny.

to date ive never sat in anything more brutal than this - including my own build now in my burb. large air space is hard to exite.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.