Thrift store build

billythegrape

CarAudio.com Newbie
Since the build I had at: https://www.caraudio.com/threads/weird-build-questions.612498/page-2#post-8829958 worked out so well (thanks to everyone here!), I need help with equipment recommendations.

I want to add two 6" by 9" speakers, a four channel bluetooth receiver (not a stereo for a car with a screen), and a sub. I have included diagrams at the bottom and am open to suggestions.

This is what I currently have:

Vehicle:
1988 Chevy G20 Explorer conversion.

Head unit:
Whatever phone is connected to the BT adapter, which is an Esinkin Bluetooth adapter.

Speakers:
Rear: Two 6" by 9" Sony xplod 4 ohm 240w. Mounted in a red oak cabinet above the rear bench seat.
Two 6.5" inch rounds Dual 4 ohm 160w. Mounted in plywood above the middle seats.

Front: Two 5.25" 4 ohm 100W Recoil RCX525 speakers from amazon. Mounted in the lower portion of the front doors.

Amp:
JVC KS-AX3104 800w

Wiring:
All brand new. See diagram. Rears are wired in parallel.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

Not sure what your head unit is, but all of those speakers are 40-60w RMS. You can get a 4ch x 50w RMS head unit, and you won't need to use a second amp for speakers. It looks like you have a 4ch amp and a 2ch amp. So not sure how you were going to run 4 sets, but if you haven't bought a bluetooth adapter, that offsets the cost of that a little. If your current head unit doesn't have 3 sets of RCA outputs then you need some kind of signal splitter.

We're you going to run a sub off that dual amp? It's 150w x 1 @ 4ohms (bridged). That's pretty small, but with a small powered sub, it'll work.

So if you wanted just a 150w into one sub, then all you need is a new head unit, instead of a new amp, and a bluetooth adapter.

Last edited:
The only stuff I used is what's listed above. I'm using just the one jvc amp. Really what I need is a recommendation on a Bluetooth receiver with a 4 channel output to match the amp input. I don't need a screen since I just use my phone anyway.

From the looks of things, by far the easiest thing to do is to get a Bluetooth head unit. You don’t have to get an expensive one with a touch screen, their are budget single din units that will do everything you want for not a huge amount of money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...