Transmission Out: Rebuild/Buy New or Used?

most pull a parts where im from are alot cheaper than buying one from a junkyard that parts out stuff...but if you were to buy one from a junk yard or a place like LKQ they would come with a warranty

that bl0ws bro. if you need something from up north from you, you can always let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
lol. thanks bro. Wanna buy my Icons? =]

I vote junk it best thing I did with mine two motors and a trans in 40k miles gas milage ****** to spend the 2500 on a new car

Thats what happens when you drive an autobox. I vote finding a rebuilt one or having it rebuilt. being that its RWD, it might be cheaper
It's actually a FWD.

After calling around for a bunch of quotes..

3k - Brand new Transmission

2.5k - Rebuilt

2k - Used

800 - For labor if i bring in my own transmission..

ClubGP Message Forum troubleshooting

contact tim on clubgp, was the tranny builder for intense racing. specialized in gm tranny. He built me a tranny for my grand prix that handles 600hp for under 2000 shipped, id contact him

Transmissions

examples, and these trannies will last longer cause they have upgraded parts that are normally week links.

tim cAn prob shipp u a standard beefed up tranny with dual chain for like 1500

ClubGP Message Forum troubleshooting
contact tim on clubgp, was the tranny builder for intense racing. specialized in gm tranny. He built me a tranny for my grand prix that handles 600hp for under 2000 shipped, id contact him

Transmissions

examples, and these trannies will last longer cause they have upgraded parts that are normally week links.

tim cAn prob shipp u a standard beefed up tranny with dual chain for like 1500
WOW. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.