Tweeter location question

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
Truck will be a Toyota tundra

6.5 inch in the door. On the tundra the factory speaker location is a little low in the door.

My question is where should I place the tweeter? I thought I was going to put them in the sail panel. But after doing some research and watching YouTube videos This is going to have almost two feet in distance between the tweeter And the mid.
It is also going to put the driver weeter real close to my left ear compared to the other speakers.

I have seen some videos where they are putting the tweeter in the kick panel and aiming them up to the center of the headliner.

Is this something that is just trial and error and have to try multiple locations and adjustments to find out what works best with the total setup?

I plan on running a basic two way setup, up front ,,,no rear fill
Dsp will also be used for adjustments as needed.

Just wanted to get some ideas before I just put them in the factory dash location firing off the windshield

i have an Accord, put mine here, so my knees dont block them and theyre as close to the mid as i could get them. mids right below them in the stock location. sounds really good but my deck has time correction

if you have a clear path that is closer to equidistant the better, depending on the drivers off axis response and assuming legs and other **** aint in the way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...