What wire to run from amplifier to subwoofers??

Participant count
  • Participant list

tgraham09
10+ year member

I'm putting in a RF T1000-1bdcp hooked up to 2 12" kicker L5s (if that matters) 1200w rms. This is my first amp install on my own and the amp kit I bought didn't include speaker wire. I asked a friend what size wire to use to run from the amp to the subs and he said 16 or 18 gauge was fine. I just find this hard to believe because I don't understand how all that power can be properly delivered by that size wire. I also find it hard to believe because the inputs on my t1000 look like their designed to receive a much bigger wire.

Please let me know which size speaker wire would be best. If 16 or 18 gauge is the right size, someone please explain to me how it can be so small.

16 is fine...Hell i ran 16 then 14 and ended at 12..No difference whatsoever...I would say get 12-14 though if you gotta buy some..If you got 16 laying around use it, if it would make you feel better double it up if you have enough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.