What's wrong with running power wire under a vehicle?

It's a '97. I know I have a cable channel on the passenger side, but I'm not sure about the driver side.
It is on the driver's side as well because I ran my RCAs down the passenger and my 1/0 down the driver side. What is the problem with doing it this way? There was a pretty nice size hole on my firewall which just had a rubber plug in it, I took that out and I'm sure I could have got two runs of 1/0 through it.

I really didn't bother checking the firewall because usually things don't happen that easily for me. I'll look for the rubber plug you mentioned, and will likely run the wire though it if it's as easy as it seems and doesn't require any drilling. Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last setup I had I also ran all my power/grounds under the car. I used 3/4" PVC tubing through out. It was difficult on the parts I did, as I had no where to bolt the pipe to.

u could have saved some wire and some trouble by running thru the firewall. There is a big rubber grommet on the driversside firewall that will pull out.. fish a coathanger up thru there and run the wire as normal.. a 13ft piece of 0/1 will make that trip from batt to back using that route.. its a really easy install

u could have saved some wire and some trouble by running thru the firewall. There is a big rubber grommet on the driversside firewall that will pull out.. fish a coathanger up thru there and run the wire as normal.. a 13ft piece of 0/1 will make that trip from batt to back using that route.. its a really easy install
depends on what side your battery is on if a 13ft run will work running it on the driver side...I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee and i could not find ANYWHERE on the passenger side to run it through the firewall ...so i ran it under the jeep and came up behind the passenger seat and finished the run in the back side panel....oh yeah my 2 runs are 13ft fused of course...

Mine are ran underneath my vehicle - go to lows/home depot and but "Conduit" its a metal encaseing thats heat resistant and hard as **** to cut - never had a problem with it underneath my car been that way for 5 years

depends on what side your battery is on if a 13ft run will work running it on the driver side...I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee and i could not find ANYWHERE on the passenger side to run it through the firewall ...so i ran it under the jeep and came up behind the passenger seat and finished the run in the back side panel....oh yeah my 2 runs are 13ft fused of course...
Wow this is an old thread...

Why would anyone run an earth inside or outside of a car? Do you think your 0 gauge is thicker than the chassis ffs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif I can't believe all these people answered and didn't comment on that. (but it is from 2007 lol).

Dumbshits posting in a 4 year old thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Oh sorry ignore the question guys no-one WOULD ever think of doing that these days. That went out of style 4 years ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Oh sorry ignore the question guys no-one WOULD ever think of doing that these days. That went out of style 4 years ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Well considering the original question had been answered and your still posting as if the OP is going to read your reply, I'd say yeah, your still a dumbshit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Also your original post isn't even logically relevant because it's incorrect. Your implying that the chassis is always a superior conductor to 1/0 which it is not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.