Who Competes?

Tommyk what shows do you go to or Know of out in our area? Personally I don't hear about or know of any. I go to car shows because they are promoted and I hear about them on the radio or from word of mouth

Tommyk what shows do you go to or Know of out in our area? Personally I don't hear about or know of any. I go to car shows because they are promoted and I hear about them on the radio or from word of mouth
http://www.mecacaraudio.com

Termpro, db drag racing, spl meter, spl car audio, loudspeaker systems, wayne harris

United States Autosound Competition International (USACi)

Those are the main organizations around here. Look at the calenders and see when shows are. Probably nothing posted yet as the season is over, but shows will start popping up in the spring time.

Also, check out the Team DOA subforum on CSCO. Team DOA - Car Stereo Classifieds

We post about shows there too.

Stereo competitions are rarely advertised on the radio/tv. They are mainly through word of mouth.

http://www.mecacaraudio.comTermpro, db drag racing, spl meter, spl car audio, loudspeaker systems, wayne harris

United States Autosound Competition International (USACi)

Those are the main organizations around here. Look at the calenders and see when shows are. Probably nothing posted yet as the season is over, but shows will start popping up in the spring time.

Also, check out the Team DOA subforum on CSCO. Team DOA - Car Stereo Classifieds

We post about shows there too.

Stereo competitions are rarely advertised on the radio/tv. They are mainly through word of mouth.

bunch get posted in the competitors corner of SMD also. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Radio stations charge too much for airtime so don't look for events there. But all majr forums have a competition/event section. I know I post every event I've had here on ca.com

The reason I started this was to see what interest there was in competing. 2010 did take it's toll on MECA with the BS that went on after finals. I'm not saying who was right or who was wrong or if there was anything at all to be upset about. I'm just asking who competes and who will continue to compete. I was always in the wings watching, listening and talking to enthusiasts in audio be it car or home. I decided to start competing just this year and see what I had in my system. I did pretty good if I must say so myself for the first year out in the lanes. **** fire I won the PA State finals as well as my own State of Georgia. I wasn't PA State Chamption since I wasn't from there. But I entered hoping to get some feedback and some competition to better myself. I was in the area and figured WTF lets do this.

I love music. I love a good quality system be it in a car, truck or home. My reference system at home is something I really enjoy and I'm a member of a group of folks that likes to demo some killer gear. But I see car audio competitions dying off. If you have a good system and have the desire to be better why wouldn't you want to be part of an orginization that does this for the better of the hobby?

Chuck

Many things contribute to the low numbers at many shows. Almost all shows across the country have taken major hits and many are now cancelled. This goes for car shows as well not just audio shows.

Texas is one of the few places that still have decent turn outs. If you cross the boarder into mexico they do it big every year and every show.

The rising gas costs, loss of jobs, troubling economy, and many other things always hurt hobbies. This being a hobby and you can get by with owning the product or going to shows, means it is one of the very first things to get cut out of a budget when funds get tight.

Radio stations charge too much for airtime so don't look for events there. But all majr forums have a competition/event section. I know I post every event I've had here on ca.com
Facebook too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I had a great time doing little local comps a few years ago...met a lot of nice people, most of which from the forums. It didn't hurt that I got 1st in my class every time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i build and compete in FCBC (for competitors by competitors)

i have a single 15 which has me in 200 md because of my racing seats and no headliner

my new highest average is a 150.3

FCBC has three runs that you do back to back and they are as follows:

1st- kick for 15 seconds

2nd- window for 30 seconds

3rd- head for 45 seconds

and you HAVE to use music

i am tuned to 31 hz so i play i luv your girl by the dream

my sub is an fi btl UFO

my amp is an american bass 200.1 and my box is 4.7 cubes with one 6 inch areo but i really need to go with an 8

all knukonceptz wire and 3 extra 1000 amp batts

and just one 250 amp at 1200 rpm alt

grounds ran everywhere

oh and its my daily driver.. i beat on it alllllll day long //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

finals is this weekend in litchfield KY and can't wait to compete!

seems to me you guys are talking more SQ/SQL than you are SPL burps. most guys i know dont want to go to a comp with there daily drivers when they get put up against a guy who has perfected his burp system. makes it much less fun for first time guys.
This is preobably the main reason for lack of new blood. Not everybody has the drive to build a "comp" setup. But, how else do you do it? I've been saying for a while that there should be frequency classes. 30hz, 40hz, 50+ whatever. But with that said, the guys who win.. will continue to win. It doesn't matter what rules you change or add.

dont MOST orgs have like an amatuer class?
This is laughable when it comes to USACi. Their "entry level" class is Stock 0-600. I won't tell you how much I put into my first year's build, but it was way outside of the realm of "entry level," and I got my *** handed to me. They really need to have the winners of that class move on every year. If you win finals in that class, you shouldn't be eligible to compete in it the next year. I mean, that one team won that class like 7 years in a row. WTF? Really?

Anything can get loud if you put the time into it.
You just have to drive to shows..don't have to compete or anything like that, just go hang out and have fun.
This was the point of this year's build for me. Taking Pyle to world finals? Lmao. I did a respectable number and came home with a trophy with $200 worth of subs.

I ALWAYS make a point to talk to the newer guys and help if I can. I mean, I'm nobody, but I heard from some non-competitors that they don't go because eveybody there is a **** and talks ***** and brags about how loud they are, etc. It's a competition, yes. But that doesn't mean that this whole ballgame isn't supposed to be fun. I love burping my little CRX and stomping some braggart's ***.

Sometimes, if I know a newer guy is there and wants to run my class, I'll step aside and run higher power class so that it's a little more fair. Because honestly, pretty much my whole state knows Stock 0-600 is my M-O so they don't bother even building for that class. Lol.

i would love to be more involved with car audio.. i wish i had more money so i could do more builds and shows and what not... but im just a broke college kid with a crummy part time job... maybe when i get my explorer paid off.. since i now finally have a truck that can get loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'm a poor college kid when I spend my money on my car audio, most times I buy things without thinking thus making me poor till next pay check, but then when I get everything I buy put in I enjoy it while I can, If your could even save up about 400-500 dollars you can get a pretty good starter system, right now my 12" alpine type R is just right for me, I just need to upgrade to the big 3, then my wires since it pounds at its optimal volume, but my power drains then its just kind of loud not really pounding.

I'm a poor college kid when I spend my money on my car audio, most times I buy things without thinking thus making me poor till next pay check, but then when I get everything I buy put in I enjoy it while I can, If your could even save up about 400-500 dollars you can get a pretty good starter system, right now my 12" alpine type R is just right for me, I just need to upgrade to the big 3, then my wires since it pounds at its optimal volume, but my power drains then its just kind of loud not really pounding.
Sounds like you should invest $25 into a volt meter to keep an eye on drop to ensure you don't damage anything. Very small investment that will save you hundreds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stereo_luver

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
stereo_luver
kennesaw, GA.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date