Who Hates General Motors more than I do?

Hayabusa
10+ year member

Audiophile
I got a 2004 Chevy Impala LS. No bose system, No on star. I bought the chime kit and what not to hook up my Eclipse 7200. I hook up all the wiring so the speakers would continue to play off of the factory amp but I am getting no sound what so ever. The deck turns on lights up CD plays and the timer and stuff shows and ticks but I can hear no sound. I was wondering what is going on here? Just spent $129 for the whole kit that is supposed to work that I never had to get for any other cars. UGH!! HELP ME!!

I really like my 01 Imapala. I defiantly didn't need to buy a kit to install my radio. Just go through your wiring carefully, make sure it's all wired up, and you have the correct wires running from your harness to radio.

Didn't need to buy the chime kit. Just use postive from the battery and power wire from the cigarette lighter for your switched power source. Then negative to the chassis usually there is a black wire from the deck already or a bolt close by. Works perfectly this way. And you don't need the expensive wiring kit. I did this to one of my cars I had before. No way I was going to buy the over $100 harness.

I get the feeling that the factory amp is not turning on that is in the trunk. If thats the case I'm just going to buy an amp kit and hook up my 4 channel amp and keep it moving. Didn't feel like buying new speakers at the moment right now though and an amp kit. I MISS MY CHRYSTLER!!!

I will LOL the connector on it doesn't even look the same as the one on the factor deck They had some young teenager up there so he could of possible given me the wrong one but I'm not sure. oh well. I should of just used my amp in the first place.

I get the feeling that the factory amp is not turning on that is in the trunk. If thats the case I'm just going to buy an amp kit and hook up my 4 channel amp and keep it moving. Didn't feel like buying new speakers at the moment right now though and an amp kit. I MISS MY CHRYSTLER!!!
isnt chrysler gm also....

they are now but not in 98. It was basically a mitsibishi car but it was easy to mod. Was my first car but i still loved it. Do you think the problem is that the Eclipse 7200 has no internal amp? Its a dead head. Or should the factory amp still be working in conjunction with my eclipse deck?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.