xtant hexagonal subs

Originally posted by LoneRanger seriously....

i am now stupider having read that. you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Anyway, this post was originally about Xtant and that's why it caught my eye. Then I read the whole thread and....................well, I'll never get that five minutes back. I know I'm a day or two late to give my opinion, but here goes. I've got a pair of X1044's running off of the sub channel of my Xtant 603...... It pounds. Put these speakers in a vented enclosure. Sealed doesn't do them any justice.

Originally posted by Panic34 i have a 1001 watt xtant amp, with a bass chip. The amp works great.

I bought three X1244's. They are loud but dont sound very nice. They were struggling to provie deep bass. I would not recomend these. I had a custom sealed box made fr me. They also always had a similar defect. The cone was not sealed right and air was escaping. Two of the three had this problem. They look great.

I bought these from hifi buys for $350 each.

If you paid $350 for each xtant hex sub that is horrible, horrible and even more horrible, YOu can buy 1 SP15 for cheaper than that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah i have to say that jeremy how the hell do you have all those subs and you cant get a decent amp?? Buy a freakin jbl 1200.1.. Also i thought that was funny as hell how you recommended a 1200.1 to someone with a single shiva cus your friend has a 1200.1 hoooked to 2 brahmas. Do you know that there is a huge different in power handling between those two subs. 650 rms TOPS, vs 1600 rms Tops (now you could do more but you'd better be VERY careful) So a 300.1 or maybe a 600.1 would do a shiva justice, a 1200.1 would be pretty dangerous unless you had it wired at 16 ohms which would be a big waste of power. And how the hell did you get a w7 for 150. I dont think you could bulk order 1000 of them for that price wholesale. I'm seriously wondering if you arent buying stolen stuff. Either that or someone probably sold you a jacked up sub. ANd if you are buying stolen stuff you are a freakin idiot and should get beat down for contributing to car audio theft. Sorry to be so harsh but that just one thing that really pisses me off. Who the hell are your "friends" anyways. At first i thought the other guys on this forum were being a bit harsh to you about being not too smart about car audio but now i'm beggining to see why.

ps avoid my sig i havent gotten to update it yet

His friend had it then decided to get 2 brahmas, so sold it to him for 150, lol If I bought a W7 then decided to buy 2 brahmas I would ATLEAST sell the W7 and could easil be sold for 300 - UP , HIS friend must be "super" rich

yeah your right wonderbread, i was thinking 1200 watts instead of 600. But still some people say 600 is a lot for a shiva but i imagine it would take it as long as you didnt have it in a huge ported enclosure tuned above 30 hz without a subsonic filter. I think the 1200.1 does more like 700 watts at 4 ohms actually since they are underrated

Xtant is Is made my Mtx i get ther product catlog look on the back or the look on the back of the mtx catalog. And if you notice they have very similar features

yup they share the same research building in AZ. There websites are very similar as well. some parts are exact duplicates of each other. I've heard that the boards they use for their amps are very similar. But i dont think one of them owns the other they just share the research/building facility i think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.