China buildhouse sub pics

Indeed, they are hard to come by. For me that would be more reason to pick up two when I had the chance, lol. Whatever number you pull with two isn't going to climb much by adding two more. Why are you stuck on 4? Did you hear how loud that shiz was in that Exploder? lol
So... Going for meter loud or ear loud?

The Aura's are not the prettiest, I do agree. By no means, cheap. They're just the refined version of the older NRT. Sensitivity is a bit lower but I think it's a better driver overall. It's used in the early version of the big Magico Q subwoofer. Magico uses the LMS ULTRA now.
I'd need at least 4 to get similar cone area to what I have now. If I just got two, I probably wouldn't even be as loud as I am now

Going for loud to the ear and low frequency response, not high numbers on the meter

Adulbrich, how much is it going to cost you to get 4 18s buying these samples as you say after Shipping (assuming broker fees are part of cost) and Import duty fees and State Use Tax after receiving products?
There has to be cheaper option than doing this.

Also note if you do not plan on purchasing anymore after this.. These companies will hound you all the time with updates on when you plan on ordering again. They are business expecting repeat business.

Oh, and i almost forgot, you better make 100% sure there is no trademarked brand names on these designs.

In the chance customs holds the shipment for inspection.. IF there are infringed names on these products.. you are going to need a lawyer so make sure of that if you stick with this idea.
If there is a cheaper option you know of, please enlighten me.

The products are un-marked. There will not be a trademark issue.

If you arent doing 56+ then you need to redo your wall. Similar power and cone area in my buddies silverado build a few years back was doing like 158 (4 mayhem 18s on DC 9k). His wall was 28cu I believe, peaked at 38 iirc
I'm going to re-do my wall either way

I want some fricken subwoffers.
Btw, that price is for 1ONE woofer,not the pair
You can buy my wardens if you're looking for subs, lol

Where are u getting at? Also, from who? I am over $1600 for softs and basket... I must be talking to wrong people... I am somewhat serious about the 5th motor assuming I can locate parts at a much lower price.... Already have fund ready for purchase of a couple SAS CAT-515's so moneys there but not $1600 there lol..
Baskets $73x4=$292:

18" TC Sounds TI Basket

Cones $51x4=$204:

18" Subwoofer Cone

Spiders with triple leads $27x4=$108:

10x4" Dual Layer Progressive Roll Nomex Spider

Voice coils $75x4=$300:

4" DUAL 2 ohm FLAT ALUMINUM WIRE VOICE COIL

8" glow in the dark "carbon fiber" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif dust caps $35x4=$140:

8" Glow in the Dark

292+204+108+300+140= $1,044

Could be less than $1,000 if you got plain dust caps.

I know I didn't include the cost of glue. One of my science teachers has a ton of leftover CA glue from something. I used it to fix my headphones when they broke last week, and I'm sure he'd let me use some of it on the subs or I could buy it from him.

He claims to not care about the meter, but mark my words if this was loud we wouldn't hear the end of what numbers it does and he wouldn't be already ready to scrap it. Warden or DD-Z isn't really something that anybody "upgrades" out of, so you know something is terribly wrong here and new woofers won't fix it.
Yeah, Evan upgraded from the Wardens. "Big Ben" on CACO sold his Z's. A guy Evan knows sold four of his DDZ's and switched to DB Drive subs. TheJesus switched from Wardens to Sundown Nightshades. The list goes on

how much are you paying for motors and from where, china too?
These are the charges for a set of ten motors:

After freight charges to ship from China:
2.5" $3,000

3" $4,000

4" $5,000
They are also available in "half-sets" (5 motors), which is just half the price. So...

2.5" $1,500

3" $2,000

4" $2,500

Yes, from China

I'm trying to calculate this all for you.. narrow it down for me. What size motor are you going with and i'll use all the other pricing you posted above for a full speaker including everything that's not priced yet, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I haven't decided what motors to get yet. Here are the pros and cons

2.5"

pros: most efficient and won't take too much power to get loud. Also the cheapest.

cons: not as much motor strength or power handling

3"

pros: 3" coil designs have proved to be ideal in most applications

cons: More expensive than the 2.5" motors, but can't handle as much power as 4" coil designs. I don't want to change subs again if I can run more power.

4"

pros: I might not ever need to change subs again. I can just keep adding amps to get louder after I build the wall right.

cons: most expensive and least efficient

The soft parts example I posted was for the 4" coil motors.

I have to go to track practice, but I'll be back online later today

I'll end up re-doing the wall either way

Should be more than that

$35, and it's not worth that to get a number to tout on the forums
Its not about bragging rights dummy. It's about setting up a baseline and seeing if you improve, where, how, all that crap. It's the same reason a lot of people dyno their car BEFORE getting work done. To get a baseline and measure the delta. Pay 35 bucks you tight azz. You're about to spend thousands anyway.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ok, i'll use 4" as example-

$2,500 motors- You sell the 5th for $500 and lets start-

Motor- $500

Basket- $73 (shipping?)

Cone- $51 (shipping?)

Spider- $27 (shipping?)

VC- $75 (shipping?)

Cap- $35 (shipping?)

Cost for 1 speaker so far- $761 (shipping?)

Total cost so far- $3,544

Now for the interesting part...

Import Duty Fees. There will be no exact number because of how your broker and shipper declares the PAID amount minus shipping charges..

For $3,544, if they declare $2,500 of it, that should be around $123 in fees to release your shipment from the airport hub.

For the state of illinois, for you physically paying $3,544, you will owe 6.25% Use Tax on next year's taxes.

This is $221.50. You can "risk" not paying it as most people do not who do out of state purchases, but inbound to customs orders get requested quite often from State departments who meet their minimum search criteria to see if people who are importing X amount are paying taxes on it.

Failure to not report tax AND keep letting it go will not give you any leniency when/if the State finds out about it.

So, in short, Pay the Use Tax to avoid potential conflict with your local government.

Divide the 2 fees by 4 and this one sub will now be at- $845 and that's assuming no shipping charges on all the other items.

Ok, whew.. Just wanted you to see this so your decisions stay accurate. I'm not suggesting what path to take, just letting you see what you are wanting to do.

IF an actual shipping company is moving these for you, then you do not need to hire a broker. If they are only transporting from airport to airport.. The fees will be a little higher because they will declare maximum value and also have to pay broker for their time and releasing fee. Typical broker fees are around $130-200 for small shipments (under $15,000)

Coming from China, yes.. It's part of life. If you want to stay clear of the IRS and state government. We are talking business, not personal expenses.. Getting involved in stuff like this is business relations.

It depends on how the ship it. If it's sent as a gift you don't pay. The way this place is shipping he will have to pay
No I buy stuff through eBay all the time and I NEVER GIFT MONEY. And stuff comes from China in like 2-4weeks... Just bought my buddy a fluke meter that's on it way

Small purchases are never flagged from international importation.. The amount of money adulbrich wants to spend is small business amount.

Also, good point i forgot to say. If the company classifies ALL of these parts as non-merchandise, but gift, then yes, he will NOT owe any additional charges AND state department cannot demand Use tax either if seen.

And being these are considered samples, it's likely they would ship as gift. Really is good point.

underhung 4" coil.. yummy. theo built these?
I know he built the bottom one (BASSMAXX), not sure about the others. Couple of those pics are mine from when I had the Aura NRT and the 15" top. I did finally manage to get a radial neo back in my hands so I'm pretty excited about that.
I want some fricken subwoffers.
Btw, that price is for 1ONE woofer,not the pair
Still the cheaper route for him I think, lol.
I thought you had some fricken subwoofers?

He claims to not care about the meter, but mark my words if this was loud we wouldn't hear the end of what numbers it does and he wouldn't be already ready to scrap it. Warden or DD-Z isn't really something that anybody "upgrades" out of, so you know something is terribly wrong here and new woofers won't fix it.
I hear you. I like the spirit of adventure that's going on here, though. Sourcing specialized parts to build one's own. I can't hate on that.
Going for loud to the ear and low frequency response, not high numbers on the meter
That's good to hear. It's much more enjoyable for all around daily use.
Good luck with it, I hope you can get the sound or affect you're after. It will be costly but it might be worth it for you since it will have that feeling of accomplishment attached to it.

I would buy the pair of 5100's and call it a day but I'm old, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.