500$ budget for new amp and sub

That is not a bad price for him right there. If you ship via UPS insurance up to $100 is given if you want more you have to input that when you ship. I normally insure for $50-100 over actual cost. I have only had one issue where a claim was needed and that has been over several years with no claims.

OP-

The local shop is not a bad option. However, making things look good behind fiberglass and trim panels is the easy part. Not saying they don't do the design right, just saying that "pretty" does not mean functional all the time. Just remember that who ever you go to for your enclosure does not just toss a few numbers around with out taking your application and response curves for what you want into consideration.

I'm sure no matter which way you go you will be more then happy/impressed with the results.
^ This ^ If you go the local shop route be sure that you can fully trust that they will handle the design before they consider cosmetics because you want good equipment for optimal sound not so much for the looks. If you just went for looks whats the point of caring about the quality. The enclosure is the backbone of a substage. Around here (locally) I stray people away from the local shops because they don't consider much other than making it look great in your car and the equipment lacks the optimal performance that the equipment need. Just have to be careful who/how the enclosure is made, for it is so vital. Some people just don't understand the importance of enclosures.

up your budget to 600 And u could really get into some good hittin systems

2 power acoustik mofo 12's $250 new(can take a good daily beating of 1000-1300 apiece)

1 power acoustik bamf5500d(puts out a little over 2200)$228 new,, ran mine at .5ohm daily no problem

bassrockers 1" thick mdf ported enclosure $77

EBAY.COM

free shipping on all of these items trust this is the best bang for your buck, I've had this set up for about a year now its really good for $600 budget

up your budget to 600 And u could really get into some good hittin systems
2 power acoustik mofo 12's $250 new(can take a good daily beating of 1000-1300 apiece)

1 power acoustik bamf5500d(puts out a little over 2200)$228 new,, ran mine at .5ohm daily no problem

bassrockers 1" thick mdf ported enclosure $77

EBAY.COM

free shipping on all of these items trust this is the best bang for your buck, I've had this set up for about a year now its really good for $600 budget
Well I already bought an sa 15. Plus that 500 budget is firm and I have stock electric so 2200 wrms is too much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.