Hardest hitting single 10??

I beg to differ.
Of course you do, lmao

While I'm not a fan of W7's I would not consider it a weak sub. No it would not compare to a DD 9510 but it can hold its own if in the right environment.
And the OP hasn't even begun to find "the right environment" for it, yet.

While it isn't gonna be cracking any glass, if fed clean powah it still has a lot of room left to impress, and I agree that he is also losing potential by not having an enclosure specifically designed for the car, the sub, and what he is wanting in terms of getting louder.

I disagree with the comment about deadening: While he isn't flexing like someone running 2-18's, I still believe that proper damping/deadening will offer possible gains, and is a better idea than arbitrarily switching-out the sub...

Ok, so you guys think Im working with decent equipment I just need to change the box and use some deadening?

I guess I really dont know how to explain "louder" I just want it to slam as hard as possible! This thing already impresses me for a single 10 and everyone who has sat in it cant believe its not 2-12's or something but I just feel theres a lot more im not getting out of it.

I agree about deadening. I believe it would help. Besides, who wants to hear rattleting along with the music.

Going with a proper box design and a beefier amp should help in the output department.

Drop ins are lame. You need more cone, more power or at the very least... a more efficient box. Bandpass probably if you have the room. Hit up one of the many extremely skilled box designers on here. The few bucks for the design and ~ $30 in wood will be your cheapest, and more importantly, best bet.

Deadener will help keep the pressure in and rattles at bay. I highly recommend some. It'll make it sound "cleaner." Will it be a gain on the meter? Maybe, but you'll enjoy it more even if it's not a gain.

P.S.- did someone say hard hitting 10?

740cd091.jpg

Ok, so you guys think Im working with decent equipment I just need to change the box and use some deadening?
I guess I really dont know how to explain "louder" I just want it to slam as hard as possible! This thing already impresses me for a single 10 and everyone who has sat in it cant believe its not 2-12's or something but I just feel theres a lot more im not getting out of it.
Like I said have mobile make you a box design centered around your environment. With out that your "pissing in the wind"You would be amazed at what a difference a ''good'' box has to a correct one.

Right on, i'll head that direction Thanks....

Another question, my buddy is coming over in a little bit and he has a couple JL 1000/1 amps. We are going to hook on up to my 10 and see how she sounds. Is this a bad idea or do I just need to set the amp up with the multimeter and i'll be ok? The reason we are doing this is because the other guy who said my 10 is laughing at the 500 watts im giving it and JL's website says it can take 750. Do you think 1000 is to much, are these under rated? Any helps appreciated guys thanks

set it right and you will be fine. just watch it if your worried. They arn't subs that like to be overpowered but 1000rms isn't going to instantly make it explode.

Well I hooked up the 1000/1 to my 10 and that made a huge difference!! It really hits hard now! I think a proper box would help a lot as well but this sub definitely wants more then 500 watts. Now I need to locate a 1000/1 since this is my buddies....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.