L7S not hitting hard

Again I never said the OP NEEDS to run double RMS just saying he will be ok..

For instance.. I had a pair of JL 10w3v2-D6 subs.. 300 watts rms each. I ran them for a year on a Phoenix Gold Zenon 600.1
They sounded pretty good.. Switched amps to a Zapco and was getting 1100 RMS and it was like the subs woke up and they could handle the juice.. They lasted a decade before the foam surrounds started cracking..

I'll gladly run more power than needed over "just enough" or under RMS all day.

Go over on DIYMA and ask how many people run double rms on their front stage.

Again I'm not arguing this is something you need or should do, I simply said it will be ok and not cause problems if you can hear your subs/speakers reaching their limits..

For your last question of course not, I never said that.
Sounds like we more or less agree, and are about to argue the two ends; some can, but its not a guarantee.

Fair enough. I'm not trying to make an argument out of it, and I certainly don't know enough at this moment to honestly try to. It also wasn't what the OP asked, or a needed part of this thread.

I suppose if you wanted to, you could try to explain what this is to finish it out.
If you know what it sounds like when subs are reaching there limits it is not a problem.
We could always search though if we wanted to learn more about that, (I'd bet there are youtube vids).

you set your gain with a scope, yeh but how... details?

try setting your gain like this. the correct test tones are at the very bottom...

Power is cheap to me.. When I started a 25 x 2 amp could run you 400.00
Now I can get a 2k amp for 300.00..
I get it $1/watt was minimum back in the days. But once you get in electrical upgrades, that runs as much if not more than the amp. Plus additional deadening and 2kw subs obviously cost more than 1kw subs, etc, etc, etc.

I get it $1/watt was minimum back in the days. But once you get in electrical upgrades, that runs as much if not more than the amp. Plus additional deadening and 2kw subs obviously cost more than 1kw subs, etc, etc, etc.

Not only is amp power cheaper, The cars already come equipped with bigger alts.. (back in the day if you had a 90 amp alt you were ballin.. But you can even get an aftermarket HO alt for 450.00 (the cost of a Sony 100x2 amp in 1996) this was not easy to even source before the internets..

I mean I get your point.. but do you get mine?

I was simply telling the op running his 1800 watt on on two 750 rms subs is 100% zero issue is all..

you set your gain with a scope, yeh but how... details?

try setting your gain like this. the correct test tones are at the very bottom...

I set with a 40hz test tone. Volume 3 1/4 up and gain at the lowest setting.

Not only is amp power cheaper, The cars already come equipped with bigger alts.. (back in the day if you had a 90 amp alt you were ballin.. But you can even get an aftermarket HO alt for 450.00 (the cost of a Sony 100x2 amp in 1996) this was not easy to even source before the internets..

I mean I get your point.. but do you get mine?

I was simply telling the op running his 1800 watt on on two 750 rms subs is 100% zero issue is all..
I get it you point. Back in the day I had to get my alts custom wound and 1kw was insane. And Sony amps were worth owning. ;)

I mean bruh.. I can post another 100 threads discussing if you like.. Or you can research yourself and learn something like I was doing 20 years ago..

Your links don't work. I followed this one, and it really says nothing. Its starting to look like you're the kind of person that wants to keep the nonsense going. I see your comment where that and 3 posts is already getting petty and bitchy. I really don't care to follow any of their ones. If you want to have a conversation then have one. I'm not going on a goose chase to read a bunch of threads, when you can't even bother to try to narrow it down to a single post or comment or quote anything.

It doesn't look like you're trying to have a conversation about it, it looks like you're trying to be a ***** about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...