Rainbows hitting my door panel

SlickCMRick
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Las Vegas
So I got my germaniums installed about a month ago, and they threw so far they hit the door panel. the mid was actually smacking up against my door panel because i could hear it every time it was hitting.

any advice here? i had to make adjustments so where the midbass wasnt as strong but i really wanna mount them on baffles and get the most i can out of them.

has this happened to anyone else?

Same problem here. I have Type-R 6 1/2 comps in the doors of my civic. I had to make a spacer with two 5/8's rings. Well they are hitting the grille when they move. I made a cut out in the grille, then made a fiberglass ring that fits exactly on the edge of the surround. That way it looks the speakers are rear mounted on the door panel. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Same problem here. I have Type-R 6 1/2 comps in the doors of my civic. I had to make a spacer with two 5/8's rings. Well they are hitting the grille when they move. I made a cut out in the grille, then made a fiberglass ring that fits exactly on the edge of the surround. That way it looks the speakers are rear mounted on the door panel. I'll post a pic tomorrow.
thanks i would appreciate that

Here is the way I done it. It was pretty simple and it looks good. I finished the panel with Grey rock texture paint. Same as my sub enclosure.

The panels were black plastic with slats going all the way across.

As you can see, the whole speaker isn't exposed, about 1/3 of it is behind the panel, it doesn't affect the sound as far as I can tell.

P1050461.jpg

P1050505.jpg

P1050507.jpg

P1050509.jpg

Here is the way I done it. It was pretty simple and it looks good. I finished the panel with Grey rock texture paint. Same as my sub enclosure.
The panels were black plastic with slats going all the way across.

As you can see, the whole speaker isn't exposed, about 1/3 of it is behind the panel, it doesn't affect the sound as far as I can tell.
Was that panel prefabbed for your car or did you make them somehow? They look incredible...I want to get rid of the grilles in the door panels on my Mustang and keep it clean looking.

Sorry my first post is a hijack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Was that panel prefabbed for your car or did you make them somehow? They look incredible...I want to get rid of the grilles in the door panels on my Mustang and keep it clean looking.
Sorry my first post is a hijack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I made all of that. I cut out the inside of the grille, then I fiberglassed the rest of it to get the shape that I wanted.

I don't have any pics of the work in progress. But just visualize.....kitty hair.....sandpaper....and bondo LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.