Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

arsenal98

NJ
Hey im new to car audio and don't really have a clue what type of set up i should get. I have a 2003 toyota highlander and want a system that has a good mixture between loudness and sound quality. I dont have a very large budget it's only 400-500$. Im pretty sure I need 4 speakers, a headunit, an amp, and a sub. I put together a list of things but im not really sure if its good so im looking for suggestions about what parts to pick. Thanks.

your budget is too low for a HU, amp, sub, and speakers. you'll need to start small and work you way up. start with a new HU, a good one. then replace the front speakers. save money then add a sub and amp.

Im thinking about getting the Alpine CDA-105 as the HU and kicker ds65 as front speakers. I know these aren't amazing but they should be loud enough for me and have good reviews.

Im thinking about getting the Alpine CDA-105 as the HU and kicker ds65 as front speakers. I know these aren't amazing but they should be loud enough for me and have good reviews.
thats a good start.

IMO spend most or all of that on one nice *** head unit....then over time save and get better quality stuff and build around the HU. you'll save yourself alot of headache and money if you just save up for something great, one piece at a time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.