Hi SQ 10 recommendations

I would use the CDT audio for front stage, hands down. And the Brahma for substage is going to be hard to beat.
And I would never run a DS18 speaker for anything close to an SQ system. Pretty much their entire line up, is PA based loud speakers.
I run CDT in my SQL rig, and Dynaudio in my wifes wagon.

I'd avoid DS18/PA style speakers. CDT, Dynaudio, Morel, Focal, HAT, AudioFrog, Stevens Audio are the companies that jump to mind for the full range speakers. CDT usually has pretty good deals going.

Gauge ampacity charts would laugh at my factory 18ga wires for 135 watts per channel.

The problem came when poking my head under the dash this evening. Getting new wires into the doors looks like it will require fairly significant disassembly of the dash.

Question:

If this is the case, how likely are the factory 18 gauge wires to cause me issues?

I read your post and thought about all the aftermarket decks that were installed using the factory power wire. This is why manufacturers quit making decks with over 20watts RMS. They had too many returns because decks were heating up from the lack of power to them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...