Don't buy a Stetsom amp or PRV 3K

The Full Bridge Amps I have seen work on a resistive load (Taramps, Soundigital and the MMats I personally tested) have were all done on a continously building sine way that cuts off in I think in 5 seconds (I can check the disc when I get home).. Full volume is typically achieved at roughly the 3-4 second mark depending on how much gain overlap is given to the amp. so under full load the amp is under "pressure" for about 1-2 seconds.
I don't know of a car amp that could sustain 42 seconds in the same manner //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'd be happy to film it but I'm not paying for it lol
A very cruel example but godlike if captured.

I’d say test another amp and see how that one does. If it’s no where near the same results then chalk it up as a bad amp. I see these posts all the time on forums and Facebook how amps just installed go up in smoke.
I'm going to pass on testing this amp again. The retailer has graciously offered to refund me which they didnt have too (they offered, I would have been fine with a replacement or a repair). I really don't want to have another one go up in smoke on me and then be out completely on it (I can lose $20-50 per amp testing and keep the channel going infinitely, but $275 gets to be a tough pill over and over again), nor do I want to try and get a Distributor to repair the amp twice they didn't make the amp, they shouldn't have to keep paying for it.

I do plan on posting a video of my experience with the amp, but I will be highlighting the way the retailer handled the issue, and even how BTG (The distributor) was willing to handle it. Both I thought did a very nice job in customer service.

I do have a serious question to go to engineers and amp testers.. It would involve product death though so not cheap test..

Since bigblank has seen some full bridge amplifiers work at 1ohm for a second vs a nanosecond vs however many seconds.. curious if anyone would be financially brave enough to do a resistive test to the death to see how long amplifiers can hold their resistive load til full failure.

We could see something like-

Brand A- 1 second

Brand B- 6 seconds

Brand C- 42 seconds, etc (not likely, hehe)

Only thing i'd say is make sure the output is constantly being monitored with data ALONG with temperature.

We record a LOT of data when we test amplifiers and be interesting to see.

The test, while expensive, would clearly show which product(s) are designed to take the abuse in the lanes from wiring too low vs those who would be better off on music wired properly.
You brought up a point I was thinking about, how long can korean amplifiers maintain a 1 ohm static load? Amp dynos are hard on amplifiers, koreans are very likely able to handle more heat than brazilians for obvious reasons.

Doesn't REALLY matter to me, I don't listen to music at a static 1 ohm load, no one does.

[quote name='wew lad']where the **** did I call you an idiot? Dude I'm not about to go there with you, the first line in my post said I have respect for you. If you wanna be this way about I can take that back and treat you the same way I treat @papermaker and @JohnKuthe like actual idiots. Get over it, I know I am.[/QUOTE]

You called me a meathead. To me Meathead is synonymous with *******, idiot etc... If I misread that let me know. If you didn't mean it that way, cool we can move on.

You called me a meathead. To me Meathead is synonymous with *******, idiot etc... If I misread that let me know. If you didn't mean it that way, cool we can move on.
I did say that, and it's funny you took it that way because I wish I could get off my lazy *** more to have more muscle mass so it was meant to get my point across, not to make you feel bad. Literally just to illustrate my point that most of us are not engineers and we've made assumptions without in depth knowledge of these circuits. This is the internet, people say things all the time that can seem offensive, and may actually be, but you have to brush EVERYTHING off.

We'll leave it there, I've already forgotten about it.

why dont they rate at 40hz...

what happened to the bass series that was supposed to replace everything, now there's MD series? aka new hd series?

As for popping at low voltages, my hd 15ks saw 8.9 volts the other day when I was demo'ing to my tinder date. Didnt phase them at all. I really need to swap out my batteries, some are getting bad.

I'm going to pass on testing this amp again. The retailer has graciously offered to refund me which they didnt have too (they offered, I would have been fine with a replacement or a repair). I really don't want to have another one go up in smoke on me and then be out completely on it (I can lose $20-50 per amp testing and keep the channel going infinitely, but $275 gets to be a tough pill over and over again), nor do I want to try and get a Distributor to repair the amp twice they didn't make the amp, they shouldn't have to keep paying for it.

I do plan on posting a video of my experience with the amp, but I will be highlighting the way the retailer handled the issue, and even how BTG (The distributor) was willing to handle it. Both I thought did a very nice job in customer service.
Fair enough. I can see where you’re coming from

The MD series is not a replacement nor competition to the bass series by any means.

IF the MD series catches on strong, they will want to replace the HD series with the MD series.

Again, Bass series is more durable than HD series when used for subwoofers and a better FR.

In terms of MD vs bass.. i'd assume the big difference will be the extra filtering and stable capacitance on the bass series as no series except the bass series is seriously designed for subwoofers as it's center focus.

Until you put a power analyzer on it i dont care what the bench tester says.

You can test an amp with basically a little clipping indicator and a f****** resistive power load bank.

No offense to the poster of all I definitely appreciate you doing this is just not an accurate way to test these outputs are not even close to the same circuit as what you would find in a normal class D amp or a class ab amp..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.