Don't buy a Stetsom amp or PRV 3K

Would you like butter on your //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

[quote name='wew lad']@bigblank69 no offense, i say this with the most respect i can... you do help the community, but you're more of a meathead than an engineer. I'm no engineer either, but without knowledge of the differences in the circuit design and how they work it's hard for you to provide any educated insight as to why you don't like this amp. hispls made all the points i would have made other than the fact that brazilians are incredibly smaller in design, and surprisingly more efficient. it's like comparing a porsche to a rusted out truck with a junkyard turbo LS. The Turbo LS will beat the **** out of the porshce, but it doesn't focus on the other aesthetic and traditional design stereotypes for audio amplifiers that have been around since their inception

save your hate for now, there's a reason thousands of people used to think the same way you do and now think otherwise.[/QUOTE]

If it’s rated 1ohm then it should handle 1ohm reactive or resistive. Some times the reactive load will touch 1ohm.
It’s probably rated at 10% THD that’s why the dynamic was so much higher. That don’t matter for burping.

[quote name='wew lad']@bigblank69 no offense, i say this with the most respect i can... you do help the community, but you're more of a meathead than an engineer. I'm no engineer either, but without knowledge of the differences in the circuit design and how they work it's hard for you to provide any educated insight as to why you don't like this amp. hispls made all the points i would have made other than the fact that brazilians are incredibly smaller in design, and surprisingly more efficient. it's like comparing a porsche to a rusted out truck with a junkyard turbo LS. The Turbo LS will beat the **** out of the porshce, but it doesn't focus on the other aesthetic and traditional design stereotypes for audio amplifiers that have been around since their inception

save your hate for now, there's a reason thousands of people used to think the same way you do and now think otherwise.[/QUOTE]

First, I am not an engineer, never claimed to be and thanks for the big guys are meatheads crack never heard that one before.

I finally get what your saying... All Brazilian amplifier manufacturers are god like creatures and you best not criticize one because that is blasphemy against them all! Finally I see the LIGHT!!!!

BS. Taramps could handle the amp Dyno. Soundigital could handle the amp Dyno. Was it pure luck they didn't go up in flames? Or is it that they aren't actually using the same tech? Because if the tech is designed to burst in flames at it's rated ohm load, those should have gone up in smoke too.... Also they hit their ratings on the Dyno... My god Taramps and Soundigital must be using something ELSE!

Or Stetsom just made a bad board that is overrated and not stable at it's rated ohm load and you think I am attacking all Brazilian amp manufacturers when I call OUT ONE!

BTW, I talked to a Stetsom dealer, they admitted the EX3000EQ , I bought has been a bad line for them with a lot of failures. The amp is S H I T.

First, I am not an engineer, never claimed to be and thanks for the big guys are meatheads crack never heard that one before.
I finally get what your saying... All Brazilian amplifier manufacturers are god like creatures and you best not criticize one because that is blasphemy against them all! Finally I see the LIGHT!!!!

BS. Taramps could handle the amp Dyno. Soundigital could handle the amp Dyno. Was it pure luck they didn't go up in flames? Or is it that they aren't actually using the same tech? Because if the tech is designed to burst in flames at it's rated ohm load, those should have gone up in smoke too.... Also they hit their ratings on the Dyno... My god Taramps and Soundigital must be using something ELSE!

Or Stetsom just made a bad board that is overrated and not stable at it's rated ohm load and you think I am attacking all Brazilian amp manufacturers when I call OUT ONE!
So if Stetsom called this a "2 ohm version", then what? It used to be common knowledge that you don't wire these to a resistive load and their "rated" impedance load was reactive.

I think a lot of what gives Brazil a bad rep is people again thinking they're getting something for nothing and not understanding the limits or strengths of the full bridge design.

So if Stetsom called this a "2 ohm version", then what? It used to be common knowledge that you don't wire these to a resistive load and their "rated" impedance load was reactive.
I think a lot of what gives Brazil a bad rep is people again thinking they're getting something for nothing and not understanding the limits or strengths of the full bridge design.
If they called this a 2ohm amp, and I wired it to a 2ohm load and it did fine... I would have ZERO issues with this amp at all. But... It also doesn't hit its power ratings (Not by a mile) at 2ohms. I can't help it if people wire below their rated impedences, and whether a the amp is Korean, Chinese, American, German etc.. I don't think you can blame the manufacturer when the amp fails and you go BELOW what load they state the amp can take. I don't recommend people take a CAB, an IA, or any amp below what the MFR states it can do. BUT I do expect an amp TO DO WHAT A MFR SAYS IT DOES! I don't care if it's full bridge, half bridge, class a/b, Class A, Class D, Class who gives a F U C K. If your going to say the amp is 1 ohm stable, it should be 1 ohm stable. If the MFR says it should do 3000W RMS, IT SHOULD DO 3000W RMS!

The problem HISPLS is your ASSUMING, I am talking about and trashing FULL BRIDGE AMPLIFIERS. That IS NOT what I am doing. I talking about 1 AMP BOARD, that PRV themselves have stated is a problem (They buy their 3500 board from Stetsom as claimed by a PRV sales rep), and a Stetsom dealer has stated is a problem.

Funny Ive owned 10 Taramps amps and had zero blow. But i've had 2 koreans blow.
Never an issue with the PRVs either... They are rated at 1000hz. Not 40.

Seriously can 1 person show me where I mentioned Taramps, or trashed Full Bridge tech?

Since a lot of you seem to be missing what I am saying, and assuming I am saying something else. Let me clarify my points:

1. I have no issues with Full Bridge Technology

2. I have no issues with Taramps, Soundigital, Banda, Etc.. (So no need to keep saying your Taramps is great, I agree they seem like good amps!)

3. The Stetsom I tested was rated at 1500W @ 4 oms (14,4v), best I could get was 943 dynamic and 843 uncertified, 1% THD number was 132W. 2 ohms I can't remember the results, but it's rated at 2400W (14.4V). Best Result I got on my 1 1ohm Dynamic run was 1990W @ 14.3V (Rated at 3550W), Uncertified it blew up at 1832W.

4. Had this amp hit ANY of its ratings, I likely never would have made this post. But the amp performs badly and it blew up. If you want to defend that this is a trait of Full Bridge tech, go ahead... but I view this as a bad amp board made by a single company (that also sold this to another company claiming it does what they claim).

No you didn't, I may have been a bit testy on that, I apologize. Some are bringing up Taramps like I am attacking them... I saw you mention Taramps and I got defensive.
actually this is not your fault. Its hertz mafia that brought all this horse sh*t drama on with his original comment looping everything together when from the start you were just isolating this one particular amp model. my bad on my end too. We need to all read between the lines and just understand what the fk is happening here lol. You good Ryan.

I really don't have a dog in this race. But I think one of the other guys made the comment, that most of these are rated at 10%thd. That is probably why your readings fell short, you are using the std. 1% thd, that we all usually test amps to.

But as for the burning up , IDK .... I won't ever use one of them anyways, so it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Please keep on with all your cool tests, I like seeing them .... I used to run tons of different amps on my test bench, just to see how they actually did. It was fun, but time consuming.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.