Extremely hard box design.

Trepkos
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Behind the seat in a Regular Cab Truck F-150.

This is what I need:

- 3-3.5ft^3 Internal Air Volume

- 1.5-1.75ft^3 Internal Air Volume Per Chamber

- Sealed(No Vents/No Ports)

- Box Terminals on both sides.

- 6.7" - 7.5" Mounting Depth(Thats without the inch and a half of breathing room from the magnet.)

- This is what is going in it. Kicker 12" DVC 4-Ohm CompVX

This is the room I'm working with. If I have to, I will cut out the side panels...back-cloth layer and into the seat some....But Im not going blow through.

Behind the Seat

if you cut the back side panels underneath the support bar you can fit this box. Its 55W x 13H x 9TD x 11BD which will yield 3.023 cuft.
What would the rough mounting depth for that be?

Around 10inches at the midpoint, if its angled than the magnet is going to tilted a bit.

Minus about 1.5", roughly about 8.5" mounting depth but the size of the magnet may conflict the with the bottom-inside of the enclosure.

This is the current box behind the seat at: 50.75''W x 9" BD x 5.5" TD x 16" H. Linkage

Heres a box that I had made a few years back.

100_0449.jpg

those would be internal dimensions buddy....
also I posted that pic because I have the same truck and wanted to show you can fit what he wants
Northern, Tupelo-ish area.

So do you have pics of the interior of your truck to give me an idea on how to get an enclosure to fit behind the seat like that? Such as what sections I would have to cut out, any necessary interior modding?

Is that box with the vent for two 10"s or two 12"'s? Also, did you put that in your truck?

if the subs are tilted, cant you move the mounting depth back a little? the tilt should give you breathable area behind the motor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.