Hardest hitting subwoofer? " When wired right of course!

Yes, I am aware... now can you PLEASE answer my question?
What drivers are they? That's ALL I want to know.
Allright fine-

They are Jensens, yes Jensens, in custom ported enclosures with 200 watts RMS going to each sub. This is in the trunk of a small sedan.

I can hear the car from a block away with the windows rolled up while sitting in the house when my wife comes home.

Allright fine-They are Jensens, yes Jensens, in custom ported enclosures with 200 watts RMS going to each sub. This is in the trunk of a small sedan.

I can hear the car from a block away with the windows rolled up while sitting in the house when my wife comes home.
Thank you. My extremis mids sound much larger than they are. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Can't wait till I port them.

some of my friends need to view this thread...today i was talkin bout a box for my 2 10"s...and they were under the impression that once a box has 2 10" holes it would sound the same bigger or smaller ported or not

As far As I can tell, as long as the sub has low throw they usually can produce some midbass. Most DIY drivers have a short thow. Tweeters and mids have no "excursion" shall we say, so the less excursion the better it should be at producing mids accurately.
Just because a driver has the availability of more excursion, doesn't mean it has to use all of that excursion to reproduce all frequencies.

Midrange and treble don't require much excursion at all....virtually none. Which is why pure midranges don't need much linear travel; it isn't required.

Now, that doesn't mean they are inherently "better" at producing those frequencies, just that they were designed to only reproduce those frequencies. A midrange with .5mm excursion won't inherently produce better sound than the mid with 8mm excursion. However, the longer throw mid will be able to play much lower at much higher output levels.

No, for the reason I mentioned. Not enough real estate. How many people have the room or talent to reasonably put a 12 or 15 inch driver in their kickpanels or doors? Not many. Hence, it's not really used.
Car audio isn't the only genre in the realm of audio reproduction. Take a look at home audio or pro audio, and there are plenty of 10" and larger mids. Why do those suddenly not count?

I hope that simple concept isn't beyond your comprehension.

Have you even read this thread at all? Or do you choose to ignore the truths that have been stated and substitute your own simple minded delusions?

The thread is about car audio, the forum is about car audio, Im sure I could find some crazy proaudio stuff, but that doesnt set anything in stone for car audio. Bigger cone area - more inertia. Theres a concept. I know its fun to wow people with myths, but from my, and many others expirience, smaller drivers sound better than larger drivers w/ higher freq.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif this inventive comparison thread will rock the caraudio.com community's world //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/titanic.gif.8089b7552c370bcc138aa121756d0c0b.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/chix.gif.b7a2c3844cd4b49b8430443da768250e.gif

Hmm, let's see. A 15" woofer can easily move at 50 cycles correct? Well, then we could assume that say a 1" tweeter can easily move at 20,000 cycles correct? Can the same be said for the 15" woofer? We could also assume that is the tweeter easily moves at this rate, then slowing it down to only 50 cycles would be no problem correct? Why can my tweeters not produce an audible 50Hz tone?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

based on what i've read in forums and websites, sound is based on air movement. and in order to move enough air for a tweeter to produce an audible 50 hz, the excursion would have to be a few inches on a tweeter.

meaning if it's going to go so slow, and move that much air, it would have to be able go go in and out a couple inches deep, which just isn't possible on a tweeter

My opinion is JL Audio does have the potential but I think kicker hits harder.I might be wrong but kicker is my choice of subwoofer right now.

I hear they just own Digital Designs 9915 or 9515 series. I also hear if you have Remy from Unique Autosports put the W7s in a fiberglass box you move up to about 7000dB and it will make change move on the roof of your SUV.

The thread is about car audio, the forum is about car audio,Im sure I could find some crazy proaudio stuff, but that doesnt set anything in stone for car audio. Bigger cone area - more inertia. Theres a concept. I know its fun to wow people with myths, but from my, and many others expirience, smaller drivers sound better than larger drivers w/ higher freq.

You are right. Those drivers I linked to are just myths. They don't really exist //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Just stop typing now. I, and many others, have proved you to be totally and completely wrong. It doesn't matter that this forum is about car audio. The fact that larger drivers can work as mids is all that matters. And that has been proven. Just because they are rarely used in car audio due to space restrictions doesn't mean they do not work in audio as a whole. If that simple concept is beyond your comprehension, then I feel sorry for you.

But in the end, YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG

[/conversation]

Well in your " great super dupper experience " you say over and over again.I just asked a subwoofer question? I didn't ask you to comment on the question. Well to be honest with you I would use 8's for my house speakers or something man.

I personally can careless what subs you enjoy.

If I want to be heard 6 blocks away that's on me, but if you want to install your little 8's and don't vibrate a thing in the car, that's on you.
If you could care less about what subs people like or such, why ask any question on the forum? Isn't getting information and opinions about stuff the point? My 8's hit plenty hard, and if you want to be heard blocks away, that is on you, I really don't give a ****. If you don't want to hear about peoples experiences and opinions stay off forums like this idiot, that is what they are for.

If you could care less about what subs people like or such, why ask any question on the forum? Isn't getting information and opinions about stuff the point? My 8's hit plenty hard, and if you want to be heard blocks away, that is on you, I really don't give a ****. If you don't want to hear about peoples experiences and opinions stay off forums like this idiot, that is what they are for.
First of all I said i can careless about YOUR comment. I want to see everybody's response on my question, yes that's the reason why I asked the question.

If you don't give give a **** about me being heard blocks away, why the hell you bother to comment on my question. DUH!!!

What makes you think I don't want to here about everybody's experiences and opinions? You say something stupid and expect me not to say something about it. You **** sho' ( yea that's slang im from da country) aint no king trick.

So as i ask questions on these for forums or whateva, don't bother to respond.

Thank you have a nice life.

I have a pair of ported 8's in my wifes car that would suprise the hell out of you,your statment is like saying that 4 cyclinder cars are slow We both know you can get alot out of a small motor with the right setup, the same holds true for smaller subs.
True that my bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.