Hi SQ 10 recommendations

Checked out for a bit, came back to a bunch of redacted posts!

If 1000 is ideal, I may be better served with two amps. JL handles 1000rms as well, but they show a sweet spot where it’s ideal which is below the rms. Sounds like the Brahma isn’t the same…

They list dual 2 and dual 4 as VC options. What are the basic reasons for picking 2 vs 4?

Since you're just using 1 sub in the center console, you would buy the sub that works best with your amp. Assuming your amp is 1ohm stable, get a dual 2 and wire it in parallel. If your amp is only 2ohm stable, get a dual 4 and wire parallel.

Since you're just using 1 sub in the center console, you would buy the sub that works best with your amp. Assuming your amp is 1ohm stable, get a dual 2 and wire it in parallel. If your amp is only 2ohm stable, get a dual 4 and wire parallel.
Not sure what that means as of yet. This is a snapshot that may provide some answers:

IMG_9825.jpeg

I think that he's considering the Sony XM-5ES 5-channel car amplifier
  • 100 watts RMS x 4 + 450 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
  • 165 watts RMS x 4 + 750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
  • 330 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 750 watts RMS x 1 at 2
That could work. Albeit a little underpowered and for the price, I'd do a couple of other amplifiers.

I think that he's considering the Sony XM-5ES 5-channel car amplifier
  • 100 watts RMS x 4 + 450 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
  • 165 watts RMS x 4 + 750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
  • 330 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 750 watts RMS x 1 at 2
That could work. Albeit a little underpowered and for the price, I'd do a couple of other amplifiers.
Suggestions?

I’m open to suggestions on the polks. They looked like a decent speaker based on power and I filtered results based on have silk tweeters. I may be wrong, but I thought I read silk was the way to go for SQ.

I could probably fit the amps behind the back seat, but it’s pretty tight. I’ll have to look tomorrow. It’s a 2004 ram quad cab. They squished the back seats pretty tight to the back wall. I believe they get even closer when the back seat base is folded up. I can relocated the factory jack that lives under the passenger seat. The center jump seat that’s getting removed for the box is 15”W by 20”L and I want it to be pretty close to the 15” tall that it currently is when in arm rest mode.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...