Hi SQ 10 recommendations

This is the best picture of the center console and front seats I currently have…
65827450073__9C23A6F2-C07C-4533-AEC8-0617D83826E2.jpeg

Well, while I ponder the various amps and othesr chime in, I would advise checking out the CTD line, many are on sale and I would take any of their comparably priced speaker over the polks.

A lot of their gear is on sale, I'd see what you can budget and get the best that fits. If you elect to got with their two ohm models, that will change the amplifier selection too. many of them come in 2 or 4ohm variants, pick some you like let us know, we can advise on the differences and then we can check on amps once that is established.

I think that sub is an awesome product, sounds like you are good there.

Last edited:
Well, while I ponder the various amps and othesr chime in, I would advise checking out the CTD line, many are on sale and I would take any of their comparably priced speaker over the polks.

A lot of their gear is on sale, I'd see what you can budget and get the best that fits. If you elect to got with their two ohm models, that will change the amplifier selection too. many of them come in 2 or 4ohm variants, pick some you like let us know, we can advise on the differences and then we can check on amps once that is established.

I think that sub is an awesome product, sounds like you are good there.

These seem like an interesting concept. Not sure they’ll fit behind door panels in the stock location though…

These seem like an interesting concept. Not sure they’ll fit behind door panels in the stock location though…
Those are very nice, and once you get behind the door panel and check, you may have a good inch or so. If I recall, they need less than 3/4" clearance, have to check. But yeah, nice. Like that they are 3 ohm drivers too. Kind of that sweet spot.

This would be decent pairing

4x100 at 4 ohms (so about 120x4 at 3) $299

And his friend $529

Checked out for a bit, came back to a bunch of redacted posts!

If 1000 is ideal, I may be better served with two amps. JL handles 1000rms as well, but they show a sweet spot where it’s ideal which is below the rms. Sounds like the Brahma isn’t the same…

They list dual 2 and dual 4 as VC options. What are the basic reasons for picking 2 vs 4?
You pick a 2 ohm DVC to match to a 1 ohm amp and 4 ohm DVC for 2 ohm stable amps.

I spoke to someone at CDT today about mounting depths for the component speakers. I will have to measure to see if they will fit or not, but they look appealing for whatever reason.

I still haven’t heard back from Adire. Maybe they will get back to me soon. I feel better about a purchase when a company is responsive.

Meanwhile, looking at these:

Interesting how low the max excursion is on the morel... 1/2”

Why may that be? Sacrificing output for SQ?
In a ported enclosure, most of the xmax is wasted anyway at RMS power. The Morel has a 5 inch coil that is shorter than most coils, but in a ported enclosure the sub will actually move less. At port tuning frequency it moves very little. The shorter 5 inch coil should provide better SQ than a longer 3 inch coil, in a ported enclosure. I don’t want to get into a big discussion about how the human ear doesn’t hear “flat” like a professional SQ system is tuned for, but in my opinion, these are the best subwoofer drivers for SQ in a ported setup for listening to daily music. .

In a ported enclosure, most of the xmax is wasted anyway at RMS power. The Morel has a 5 inch coil that is shorter than most coils, but in a ported enclosure the sub will actually move less. At port tuning frequency it moves very little. The shorter 5 inch coil should provide better SQ than a longer 3 inch coil, in a ported enclosure. I don’t want to get into a big discussion about how the human ear doesn’t hear “flat” like a professional SQ system is tuned for, but in my opinion, these are the best subwoofer drivers for SQ in a ported setup for listening to daily music. .
hands down. Very fast, articulate.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...