Whats The Worst System You Have Ever Put Togeteher

hahahaha i put a cd player in my cousinns avenger and did all his speakers sony ally around wasnt too bad but then he put the icing on the cake and took my hometheater passive sub and used it for a sub in his car. it was the funniest ish ever. sounded decent.

My worst in car wasn't too bad but I have had some ridiculous stuff in my room before!

My car was a setup with two MTX 8000 12s powered by an MTX 2300x (badass amp) and then I had a terrible mids/highs setup. I used some old Bose 6.5 component set from my room (they were bookshelf speakers with a 3/4" fabric tweeter and 6.5" midbass) in the back of my 93 mirage, with some polk 4" speakers on the dash and two infinity reference 5.25s in the front doors that I cut into to put them there. All those drivers were wired in parallel to my little MTX 250 amp. The mids/highs were retarded loud and basically just screamed at you. The Bose mids would distort like crazy and I soon replaced them with some Kenwood coaxials that weren't as ridiculous. I installed all that when I was 15 and it was still my sisters car haha.

off brand deck, 4 pioneer 6-1/2's from walmart and a 15w0 on a kenwood 250 in an undersized box. went in a $2000 saturn

total cost: $150

i got what i paid for.

I registered just to post this.

My first car, which I bought for $1000 was a 1982 Volvo 242DL. It had a bullet hole in the roof (Sealed with epoxy) but was a great little ride. It didn't even come with a HU, just a gaping hole where one once was. I was able to fit a off-brand battery powered portable CD player and a pair of battery-powered computer speakers and fit them in the HU slot.

That was my source of tunes for over a year.

hmmm my worst install... 4" pioneer coaxials up front, 5.25" coaxials in the rear, an eclipse SW6200 (I think?) in a 1 cube sealed box, and an MTX 250 watt 2-ch amp powering the sub, bridged. Speakers powered by my old $80 Pioneer deck. Ah those were the days.

LOL. wow back in the day (like 1988 or so)... In my CHEVETTE I was rocking a mess of stuff that was given to me.. 1 15" Rockford sub, 2 10" Orion subs, 1 Sherwood 240 amp, 1 Punck 150 hd (best part of that system) JVC PULL-OUT Cassette player (yes, we used to carry our effing radio's around the mall like a bunch of hard asses... bag phones and pagers too!), 6.5" coaxes in the doors that were a major hack job install... Prolly running 8ga power wire MAX 1/0 was unheard of then, and 4ga was for the SERIOUS people LOL

factory replacement front speakers on a shotty Jensen deck...prefab dual10" ported enclosure with 2 bottom end pioneers from wally world and a lightening audio amp to boot

in an old blazer

My worst setup is 2 10 inch mtx 4500 with a planet audio 400 rms amp. Had 4 awg for the amp. Had a friend tell me how to set it up and all. After that I got into caraudio. But I was unaware that the gain was supposed to be set correctly. Ooops. It was in a sealed box, and I thought I was loud as ****, and so did everyone else. I was cool lmao. Then the gain problem caught up with me later, and the amp fried to a heavy hitting song. I though it was the subs for the longest time, untill I got a new amp and set the gain high on it also lol. But then I wanted a xbox 360, so I traded all that **** for the 360.

my first vehicle was a wrecked 93 ford explorer i scored for $300.

It came with two big ol home theater speakers in the back, wired to the stock HU.

Although, this is a buddy of mines car back in high school (these pics were taken last year).

ugly3.jpg

ugly2-1.jpg

ugly1.jpg

my first vehicle was a wrecked 93 ford explorer i scored for $300.
It came with two big ol home theater speakers in the back, wired to the stock HU.

Although, this is a buddy of mines car back in high school (these pics were taken last year).
wow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.